Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Last Child


I've done all of this a few times before,
But each time it's different, a little bit more.
With the first one I could take afternoon naps,
Put my feet up, a good book in my lap.
But now with kids of all different ages,
The time is spent elsewhere, I keep getting pages.
Mom tie my shoes, I'm hungry, let's play
It goes along like every other day.
The swollen feet, the aches and pains, the sleepless nights,
All seem to pass when the time is right.
Our little family is finally here,
When the baby comes home they all gather near.
Each child has a place, from the first to the last,
It's hard to believe they all grow so fast.
Take time to play, to nuture, and cherish,
All the tomorrows will some day perish.
The kids will be grown, and ready to go,
We have all the memories, we watched them grow.
By Carol Hughes

1 comments:

The Fab Five said...

Everything that you have ever made for has turned out awesome. You do an amazing job and you put all of your creativity in to every page. Everything you do is truly unique and perfect.

Post a Comment